Tuesday 21 June 2011

Monkee Genes



During my work experience for Bantum clothing i was lucky enough to be able to go along to a meeting at a well known brand Monkee Genes.
Monkee Genes offices was in the middle of the Peak District, it was really beautiful driving up and down the hills and to see the offices where in a barn next to a field of cows and horses. Really beautiful place to work.


It was useful to see the time scale they were working towards and how colour and design choices were effectively made based on an understanding of there market.
Monkee Genes is a Jeans brand producing jeans in a range of colours and styles. The meeting I attended they were in the process off introducing a clothing range to accompany there already very successful jeans wear.

This was very interesting, as it allowed me to see first hand the process that goes into designing a new range. The meeting I was involved in the brand CEO was approving sketches to be produced as samples over the next week.

I was able to share my opinion on which design I felt would suit there market and offer ideas on colours and styles. Everyone that worked there was really friendly, it seemed like a great place to work fun and relaxed they seemed a really close team.

No comments:

Post a Comment